Straighten Your Teeth With Orthodontic Retainers
What are Orthodontic Retainers?
Orthodontic Retainers are a treatment that gently move teeth into place. The trays are worn in a series over time to create a beautiful smile. Orthodontic Retainers are a popular alternative to traditional braces, and do not have any brackets or wires. The aligners are discrete and are comfortable when worn, and do not cause any mouth or gum irritation.
The clear aligner trays are worn anywhere between 20-22 hours a day. The time worn each day depends on the patient’s treatment plan and the level of correction needed. Orthodontic Retainers are easily removable for drinking and eating, and have a blue indicator to let patients know when they have worn the trays for the required amount of tine each day. The blue indicator is great for teens using the Orthodontic Retainers, and helps parents know if their child has worn the trays for the correct amount of time.
Who is a Good Candidate for Orthodontic Retainers?
Having that beautiful straight smile is important, and we want our patients to be proud of their smile. A smile is the first thing you see, and our team will listen to each patient’s goals to ensure we get you the results you desire.
Orthodontic Retainers are a popular choice for both teens and adults. This treatment helps if you have overcrowding, chewing, or overbite issues. Older teens and adults can follow instructions daily and ensure the trays are worn for the required amount of time. On average this treatment takes between 6-18 months, and this is comparable to the treatment time for traditional braces. During our consultation process we will discuss each patient’s age, level of correction, and smile goals to help choose which orthodontic treatment is best.
What are the Benefits of Orthodontic Retainers?
- The clear aligner trays can be easily removed for eating and drinking.
- There are fewer food restrictions compared to other treatments.
- The Orthodontic Retainers can be easily cleaned or rinsed.
- The Orthodontic Retainers are smooth and comfortable, and do not cause any gum or mouth irritation.
- The Orthodontic Retainers are easy to remove to play sports or a musical instrument.
- This treatment builds confidence and improve self-esteem.
- Orthodontic Retainers are a discrete treatment and have no brackets are wires.
If you or your family member is interested in finding out more about Orthodontic Retainers and how this treatment can benefit you, contact Everson Dental to schedule your consultation.